This position is for one or more days per week depending on the volunteers availability The Greeter position at Back2bikes is a very important position as it is the public face and first point of contact with the customer/community. With the appropriate training, the role will encompass all or some of the following tasks depending on the particular greeters preferences and experience
- Answer phone and answer queries or direct to the appropriate person.
- Conduct orientation with new volunteers
- Accept donations of bicycles and parts from the public
- Operate the till for sales of spare parts and servicing
- Assessing a client's needs when either selling a bike or when one is gifted with the appropriate letter from a case worker
- Checking in bikes for a simple service or referring to an appropriate person
- Photographing bikes and posting ads on Gumtree
- Assisting the workshop manager with any non-mechanical activities.
- Bring to the position any previous expertise and experience that will contribute to Back2Bikes as an organisation. *If the person wishes they may be trained to perform basic mechanical tasks.