The B4H WA Bike Shed is the Perth hub where donated second hand bicycles are collected, sorted, repaired and loaded into containers for shipping. B4H WA currently has a group of 10-15 regular volunteers who attend our Bike Shed workshop every Tuesday and Friday between 9am-2pm.
Our new Workshop Manager will be responsible to the Operations Coordinator and will:
- Liaise with OH&S Supervisor to maintain a safe working environment.
- Open and close the workshop from 9am to 2pm Tuesdays & Fridays.
- Work with bike mechanics and repairers, understanding they are volunteers.
- Maintain tool boxes and audit of tools.
- Undertake site inductions where required.
- Liaise with Loadmaster for loading of export container.
- Maintain a quality standard for the various bicycle programs.
- Liaise with Corporate Volunteer groups, school groups and general public.
- Manage workshop security to include securing of containers.
- Manage bike sales when required,including issuance of receipts for sales.
- Maintain a supply of bicycle parts from supplier and salvaged from recycled bikes.
- Work towards increased workshop opening days per week when ready.
- Fill in for Operations Coordinator when he is away.