Volunteers go in to the home of multiple birth families to help support the parents, and generally commit to 3-4 hours per week or fortnight.
Volunteers help parents with baby-related tasks which may include:
- Feeding, changing and settling babies
- Preparing bottles and baby food
- Making up cots and hanging out or folding washing
- Reading to or playing with older siblings
- Attending appointments with the family
Volunteers will need to attend a 3-4 hour training and information session before being placed with a family. Please get in contact to find out when our next training session is being held, or to find out more information. We need volunteers across all areas of Melbourne, and we would love to hear from you!