Community Aged Care Respite Service - Respite Assistant, PetrieWesley Mission Queensland
Address: Petrie Community Aged Care Respite Service - 3 Mundin Street, Petrie 4502.
Petrie Community Aged Care Respite Service is looking for people interested in spending time helping out in fun activities and outings with our clients that include older persons, those with dementia, and people with special needs. Just a bit of quality time shared can mean so much!
Our Program Assistants work in a team with paid staff and other volunteers to:
- Drive clients to and from the Respite in fleet vehicles
- Set up equipment and resources for the day’s activities
- Supporting the activities and creating a fun, friendly and stimulating environment
- Assisting with serving food and drink, and clearing tables and trolleys
- Watering plants and keeping areas tidy
- Cleaning up and putting things away.
The role of Program Assistant is suitable for people who have well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and display a calm, caring and empathetic manner. It’s a great way to make a difference in the lives of our clients while making friends, having fun and learning new skills.
Shifts are available weekdays - morning, afternoon, or a full day 9am till 4pm.
Petrie Community Aged Care Respite Service assists seniors and people living with a disability to take a break from their regular environment, meet new people and have a fun and rewarding experience while still having their care needs met.
Petrie Community Aged Care Respite Service is a lovely, welcoming and rewarding place to volunteer where you will meet many wonderful people and learn great new skills that may assist you both personally and professionally. There are lots of other benefits to volunteering with us as well, such as:
- We supply and pay for any security checks required for the position
- Access to online and face-to-face wellness advisors
- Free Flu Vaccinations
- Exclusive shopping discounts
- Being part of a team making a difference in the lives of people in our community.
For more information on Wesley Mission Queensland, please visit our website.
We look forward to hearing from you!