Men's shed 1:1 resident support - SeafordEldercare
Eldercare is looking for volunteers to support some of our elderly men and support them to do some men's shed projects or tinker and provide some social support. The aim of this 1:1 Men's shed support is to encourage residents in maintaining their interests and choice.
The friendship support service enables the men to enjoy the benefits of social contact and personal companionship, to reduce feelings of isolation, stimulate friendships and offer each other support.
- Honesty and reliability
- Good communication skills
- Non-judgmental, tolerant attitude.
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to work together with residents without constant direct supervision
- Ability to seek assistance when required
- Ability to use initiative and problem solve