Brisbane Relief Hub - Community Meal Volunteer, Fortitude ValleyWesley Mission Queensland
Address: Brisbane Relief Hub - 316 St Pauls Terrace, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
Community Meal at Wesley Mission Queensland's Brisbane Relief Hub provides nutritious meals to the homeless and vulnerable in Fortitude Valley. Volunteering with Community Meal is not only a wonderful and fun experience, but it is also a way to make sure no individual or their family go hungry tonight or any other night.
Community Meal have positions for people and groups to help with cooking, preparing meals, serving meals, and cleaning up on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Sundays.
Weekly, fortnightly, or monthly shifts include:
- Sunday 10am to 2pm preparing and serving take away meals
- Monday 5pm to 8pm preparing and serving take away meals
- Wednesday 6pm to 8:30pm preparing and serving a sit-down meal and takeaway.
We also have roles for:
- Wednesday Dish Washers 12noon to 4pm or 4pm to 8:30pm to clean dishes
- Wednesday Chef or Cook 12noon to 6pm (negotiable) to prepare a menu, select food and prepare the meal. Applicants must have experience to be considered for the role of Chef or Cook.
Community Meal is a welcoming, supportive, and rewarding place to volunteer where you will meet many wonderful people from various backgrounds and learn great new skills that may assist you both personally and professionally. There are lots of other benefits to volunteering with us as well, such as:
- Great education opportunities
- Exclusive shopping discounts
- Access to online and face-to-face wellness advisors
- Invitations to social events
- Being part of a team that is making a difference in the lives of people in our local community.
Community Meal is 5 minutes walking distance from Fortitude Valley Train station and street parking is available.
All Community Meal volunteers complete a security check and work within COVID-19 safe guidelines.
For more information, please visit the Wesley Mission Queensland website.
If you have any questions about this role, don't hesitate to get in touch with the Community Meal team at (07) 3216 1579, who will be happy to answer any queries that you may have.
We look forward to hearing from you!