- Location: Bellerive, TAS
- Category: Community Services
Level5, 31 Cambridge Road
Bellerive TAS 7018
Ph: 03 6282 1555 Chats South
Lifeline has been operating in Tasmania since 1973, commencing as two chapters (Lifeline North West and Lifeline Hobart), which merged in 2012 to form Lifeline Tasmania; a single organisation with state-wide reach and community connections.
After more than four decades of service to the Tasmanian community, we remain steadfastly committed to our mission, which is to lead, develop and deliver programs and services that save lives and build emotional well-being and resilience.
Together, our team of dedicated staff and more than 400 volunteers share a common vision: A Tasmania free of suicide, where everyone meets challenges with strength and optimism.
Lifeline Tasmania's programs and services include:
- Telephone Crisis Support Service (24 hours a day)
- Chats Program (for older people living independently at home)
- Community Visitors Scheme (for older people with a Home Care Package or living in aged care in Southern Tasmania)
- StandBy - Support After Suicide
- Suicide Bereavement Group
- Community Education & Training
- Out of the Shadows Walk