- Location: Ormond, VIC
- Category: Education & Training
260 Booran Rd
Ormond VIC 3204
Glen Eira Adult Learning Centre Inc (GEALC) is an award-winning not-for-profit Registered Training Organisation (RTO), Learn Local organisation and an Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) provider.
With almost 500 members from the local community, GEALC employs over 14 part-time staff and turns over around $500,000 each year. Volunteers boost the centre’s capability and output.
We provide quality, affordable and accessible education for adults. We support their full participation in society through further education, employment and community inclusion. We offer:
- English as an Additional Language (EAL) and literacy training
- Computer training
- Skills training, including Medical Reception, Business Administration, Event Management, Career Choices and Mind Your Own Business (MYOB)
• Personal development programs including health and wellbeing programs
• Community engagement events.
Our caring, professional and dedicated Executive Officer (EO), staff and volunteers provide a warm and welcoming centre. Our volunteer Committee of Management provides stable, friendly and capable strategic direction and governance support to the EO, who handles GEALC's business activities and service delivery.
Our stable and committed team enjoys great relationships with all stakeholders.