- Location: New Town, TAS
- Category: Animal Welfare
12 Selfs Point Road
New Town TAS 7008
Ph: 036278 2111
Ten Lives is a leader in cat management and operates Tasmania’s largest cat shelter taking into our care all lost, stray, unwanted, wild and feral cats. Ten Lives receives no government funding and relies on funds generated from our own operations and the support of the general community through donations and bequests.
Operating for over seventy years Ten Lives has cared for tens of thousands of cats and kittens. In kitten season we have on average one cat or kitten coming into our care every 30 minutes during our 7 day a week operation.
By changing the way we collectively care for cats, we are benefiting not only cats but also members of our community and the environment.
Ten Lives has an independent board and has a professional and dedicated team that ensure Ten Lives is a sustainable organisation for the long term.
Ten Lives objectives are:
• To promote and improve the welfare of cats and kittens.
• To promote responsible cat ownership and humane animal welfare principles.
• To shift public attitude towards the welfare of their cats in order to reduce the number of stray, abandoned, lost, unwanted or feral cats.
• To provide education throughout schools and the general public to create positive outcomes for cats, the environment and communities.
• To reduce unnecessary euthanasia of cats and kittens.
Ten Lives promotes responsible cat ownership and all cats adopted are microchipped, de-sexed, vaccinated and have received all necessary veterinary care.
Ten Lives plays a leading role in cat management and works with all levels of government, community groups, education and research institutions, conservation groups and business.
Ten Lives believes that education is key to creating long term social change in the way we care for our cats, the community and our environment.